Sponsor a Child or Program
Support Our New Childcare Facility
This summer we need to get our new childcare facility ready for the 86 children starting in September! We have 6 empty classrooms to fill. Help create the dream learning center for the most vulnerable children in our community!
Eliada needs community support to get the building ready for opening day. There are many ways to help:
- Make a donation to help pay for building renovations, furniture, and security equipment
- Provide professional services and help with construction
- Volunteer to help with cleanup and setup projects
- Purchase supplies and toys for the classrooms
To make a donation to Eliada, mail a check to Eliada, 2 Compton Drive, Asheville, NC 28806, and write childcare facility in the memo line.
If you can help by donating services, labor, or product, please contact Tami Ruckman, Director of Development at (828) 254-5356 Ext. 306 or . We’ll need help with construction, including adding exterior doors, a bathroom, removing walls, adding windows, and painting.
To volunteer with a community group or volunteer professional services, contact Tami Ruckman, Director of Development at (828) 254-5356 Ext. 306 or .
To help fill the classrooms with world class items:
- Visit the wish list on Lakeshore Learning. Items start at $2.
- Select the item(s) you wish to purchase for the children. You can select:
- Active Play Toys
- Fine Motor Toys
- Art Supplies
- Music and Movement Toys
- Dramatic Play Toys
- Sand and Water Play Toys
- Nature and Science Exploration Toys
- Toys that Promote Acceptance and Diversity
- During checkout, write that you want the items to ship on August 1st (after major construction is complete) in the special instructions box. Ship to Eliada, 2 Compton Drive, Asheville, NC 28806
Eliada will host a grand opening once the building is complete and services are being provided. We look forward to seeing you there!
Sponsor a Cottage
Each of Eliada’s 6 cottages needs:
- 9 new sets twin of sheets
- 9 new pillows
- 9 new washcloths
- 9 new comforters
- 9 new sets of towels
- Pots and pans
- Dish towels and dish detergent
- Gardening supplies: pots, gardening tools, flowers to plant
- Picnic tables
- Coloring books
- Art supplies
- Flame-free items with calming scents
- Stress balls
- Stuffed Animals
- Sleeping bags (3 season—maybe +30 degree ones)
- 1-2 person tents (3 season)
- 8×10 tarps & 24X36 tarps
- foam sleeping pads
- 1 liter water bottles
- 500 ft paracord
- camping pillows
- large steel cook pots
- spark rods
- 8 liter water dromedaries
- whisperlite stoves
We also use dozens of rolls of paper towels, toilet paper, and gallons of cleaning supplies and laundry detergent.
Each child needs their own laundry basket (no bags with strings, please) and toiletries, including soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, kleenex, and hair brush.
We have a special need for African-American hair care products.
Sponsor Community Service Projects in Day Treatment
Part of the treatment curriculum youth engage in at Eliada involves civic engagement. The goals of these community service projects are to empower students, teach them to advocate for themselves and others, and build community. If you would like a group of Eliada children to do a work project at your organization, please call our Development Director, Tami Ruckman, at (828) 254-5356, ext. 306 or .
Science for All Ages
Help us provide enriched, hands-on experiences for students in PreK, Day Treatment and PRTF, through our STEM Projects and Science Club! Through these programs students have learned to socialize with their peers and use technology, as well as build model volcanoes and mini lava lamps. Teachers would love to continue doing science experiments and teaching children how to prepare for school and we need your help collecting supplies!
Can you help provide supplies for the science club?
- Corn starch
- Tea tree oil
- Food coloring
- Aluminum foil
- Unflavored gelatin
- Styrofoam sheets
- Dish detergent
- White vinegar
- Plaster of Paris
- Almond/Coconut oil
- Thermo chromic pigment
- Zinc sulfide powder or glow in the dark paint
- Styrofoam beads (polystyrene)
Sponsor the School Age Playground
Can you help make our playground dreams a reality by sponsoring the playground?
Currently, Eliada is working to renovate and vastly improve our playground used by PreSchoolers. Here are some things we can use any time:
- Natural items for the playground (logs, stepping stones, non poisonous plants)
- Plastic or wood planters of all sizes and shapes
- Flower and vegetable seeds (non toxic)
- Outside Gliders
- Pots and Pans (to make an outside music area)
- Children’s benches
- Mulch and potting soil
- Plastic bird bath
- Watering cans, small shovels
Sponsor Children in Foster Care
Sometimes your first night in a new home is scary and unsettling. Going out for pizza or a burger together can help break the ice and start the getting to know you process on neutral ground.
Help families provide a fun activity for a child their first night in a new home by purchasing gift cards to restaurants.
For a child in Foster Care, they have bounced around, constantly being introduced to new parents and siblings. To help them track their lives, we make sure each child puts together a “life book” of photos and memories for them to take with them no matter what home they are in.
Help children create these books by purchasing scrapbooks and scrapbooking materials!
Children in Foster Care also get sent to a new home without much notice. They need suitcases to help pack up their personal belongings so they don’t get left behind.
Help children maintain their personal items that hold meaning to them by donating suitcases!