Eliada’s After School Program provides a safe place for children and teens to spend their afternoons while Mom and Dad are finishing out the work day. With a staff made up of a Director, School Age Coordinator, and credentialed Teachers, kids can feel safe and have plenty to do to occupy their time. And with Eliada’s open door policy to encourage parents to drop in any time during our regular hours of operation, parents can feel secure knowing that their children are in good hands.
To download the afterschool enrollment form, click here.
The program features the following components to ensure quality care for your children:
- Hours are from 2:30 to 5:30 every afternoon Monday through Friday, with afternoon snacks served daily. Hours on Snow Days and Teacher Work Days are 7:00 to 5:30.
- Transportation from local schools can be arranged. Schools served include Leicester, West Buncombe, Emma, Johnston, and Erwin Middle.
- Staff is trained in CPR, First Aid, and basic school age care, and is re-certified annually. The staff is also encouraged to continue their education at the local technical community college, A-B Tech.
- The program has access to the gym, the pool, the TASC barn, and the surrounding grounds, and offers activities like swimming, horseback riding, gardening, field trips, tutoring, and more.
- We emphasize the positive, useful, and fun experiences of learning, with a focus on self-esteem, social skills, and self-help skills.
- The staff work with the children in many service learning projects, and help with homework!
For more information on our After-School Program, contact:
Phone: (828) 254-5356 x224
5 STAR license by NC Dept. of Health & Human Resources Division of Child Development
Accredited by NAEYC