Refer a child to the Eliada Assessment Center
What is the Eliada Assessment Center?
Located on Eliada’s beautiful 300+ acre campus in Asheville, the Assessment Center is a secured 9-bed, co-ed facility, licensed as a Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility that provides the full range of PRTF (Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility) Services:
- Psychiatric Evaluation by our Medical Director
- Weekly medication management
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Psycho-educational groups
- 24-hour nursing services
- Daily living skills
- Coordination of academics
- Therapeutic recreation
- Case management and transition-planning
The goals of the assessment center are to: Within 30 days, the Assessment Center’s multi-disciplinary team will assess the strengths and needs of the youth, family and home environment, identify skills that will empower and equip the youth and family to respond to challenges and connect consumers with local supports, and specialized services that will provide resources, tools and strategies to enhance the whole health of all family members.
Who can access the Eliada Assessment Center?
- Are being served by VAYA Health MCO.
- Are 11-17 years old.
- Require a non-acute, inpatient treatment facility in order to monitor mental health stability and symptomology, and foster successful integration into the community.
- Meet PRTF medical necessity criteria.
- May have a co-occurring substance abuse or developmental disorder (reviewed on an individual basis).
- Have the ability to learn from a behavioral treatment modality.
How is the Eliada Assessment Center accessed?
- Program Access:
Referrals may be made by hospital personnel or non-residential clinical home providers.
- Complete the Eliada Assessment Center Application here.
Inquires about the program may be directed to Eliada’s Intake Department:
Phone: 828-254-5356 ext. 322