RISE Internship Program
Apply to RISE
Applicants should be enthusiastic about working with at-risk children and adolescents.
Step 1: Apply online at /employment/current-openings
Step 2: Interview with staff recruiter and RISE Program Manager
Step 3: Submit supplemental materials including:
- Three letters of recommendation
- A personal statement
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Fine Arts, Education, Criminal Justice, or Recreation;
- Record of successful professional and volunteer experiences;
- Course work or a Minor in a Human Services field, such as Psychology or Social Work (preferred, not required).
Applications are accepted from recent college graduates in the United States.
More about RISE
The RISE (Residential Interns Seeking Excellence) internship is a thirteen month-long paid position that provides recent college graduates the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the mental health field. RISE interns benefit from:
- Free housing, including basic furnishings and utilities;
- Free meals during the week and on shifts;
- Employee benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, and paid time off;
- Possibility of transitioning to full-time employment at Eliada following the RISE term;
- Opportunity to network with professionals;
- Clinical supervision provided by qualified professionals and clinicians;
- Valuable resume building experience in 6 treatment settings of the human services field;
- A built in support system within the RISE community;
- Two RISE retreats to build camaraderie and teamwork.
Our interns work as direct care staff in Eliada’s two different Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facilities (PRTFs), three Level Three Group Homes, and the Eliada Assessment Center.
Throughout their time at Eliada, interns become familiar with how to work with our students, and they are also able to participate in a variety of activities such as our animal therapy program and many other therapeutic and recreational activities that we have in place for our students.
Upon completion of the internship, approximately 50% of our interns continue on to pursue graduate degrees, prepared to take the next step in their professional lives. The remaining 50% of interns typically accept full-time positions within the organization.
If you are looking for a way to expand your knowledge in the mental health field, one year with our students will certainly provide the experience you have been looking for!